Vaping is getting more popular among the people very quickly, and it might have captured you as well. Now that you already are an amateur vaper and have substantial experience of the vape devices, it might have hit your thoughts time and time again, which one you should consider – an open pod system or a disposable pod system. Even if you are a veteran vaper, it could still be a conundrum to you, which pod system fits more to your convenience.
Well, we don’t have enough buds to taste the texture of your choice, but we know it’s a million-dollar question for every vaper today, which pod system offers more flavors to our lifestyle and how it does so. We, here at MiO Vapor, being a part of this massive Vape industry as a retailer for years, can perceive well about the concerns of our customers, and we believe that you hold the right to know which pod system fits best to your budget as well as your lifestyle.
HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO POD SYSTEMS?
The vaping industry is getting more extensive than ever just because of the enthusiasts who are demanding for the better day after days. According to The Businesswire, the vape market revenue is expected to cross US$ 32.11 B by 2021. What the activists do is to do many experiments with the products and research about them a lot to get the best fit for their lifestyle. The more they do so, the more they hunt for, the better products, and that’s why companies like us are developing more compact, high-standard, and user-friendly products every day.
Being an amateur vaper, you might have entered your local vaping community where there are beginners like you, advanced and veteran vapers. One thing you and everybody can do is to consult with the advanced vapers and learn which products they use and what factors they considered to land into their conclusions. But to convince yourself, you might need authentic reports and information about both of the debatable. Without a good knowledge of both the pod systems, namely open and closed pod systems, you are hardly going to make any wise decision further.
So, before deciding the best fit between open and disposable pod devices, let’s have a look at the technical descriptions about the products first.
CLOSED DISPOSABLE POD SYSTEMS
As its name goes, it’s a closed, compact e-cigarette that comes with a non-refillable filled e-juice tank and an inbuilt non-rechargeable fully charged battery. Instead of a refillable tank, you get a disposable cartridge or a pod that is usually replaced with a new cartridge once you are done with the previous one. The ready-filled pod e-juices come in a varying nicotine strength ranging from 20mg-55mg. It’s just like a tea-bag; once you use it, just dispose of it.
A standard disposable pod comes with an integrated 280 mAh battery while offering 1.2-1.4 ml of a flavored salt-nicotine e-juice. This type of system comes as auto-draw devices that work simply by taking a puff with more than 300 winds to go on.
- Slightest Maintenance: No need to buy new coils or clean the tank. Once used, just dispose of it.
- Straight-forward system: Usually closed pods come with a one-button-all feature. Also, this type of vape mods are generally draw-activated devices.
- Hassle-free substitute: Pods always come pre-filled with e-juice, so you don’t have to deal with counting drops to fill the atomizer.
- Zero leaking: As pods come readymade, they hardly leak a single drop of e-juice.
- Restricted e-juice composition: As the cartridges come pre-filled with any respective e-liquid, you cannot control the nicotine strength manually.
- Less flavor points: It is also the same concern. You have to go for the flavors that the products offer with it—no manual customization for experimenting flavor profiles.
- Annoying spit backs: Sometimes, you may face spit backs as the liquid comes out without being vaporized.
- Less vapor production: Being integrated with a small capacity battery, the device may not be able to satisfy you with its vapor production.
OPEN POD SYSTEMS
With a lot of precise openings to go for customizable, low wattage vape mods manufacturers didn’t take much time to develop an open pod system. By its name, you can understand that it’s not the same as the closed ones; this type of pod system offers users a refillable tank while providing replaceable coils as well.
An open pod system usually consists of a high capacity battery and a big tank set up, offering more e-juice for a long time. There hardly exists any standard size of an open pod system as many open systems like pod-box, squonks, and sticks are available in the market. However, you can expect a high capacity battery of 1000-3000 mAh and a massive tank containing 2-8 ml of e-liquid in any open pod device.
- Smooth vaping experience: Open pod devices offer satisfying mouth to lung (MTL) vaping with its sweet throat hits.
- User-friendly: most of these devices come with auto-draw or hit and draw function, which makes it comfortable while taking a puff.
- Comprehensive flavor options: Unlike closed vape devices, it works on a wide range of flavor options vape with. Also, you don’t have to buy an e-juice mod from the same company that manufactures the device.
- Scale your nicotine strength: You can easily customize your preferred nicotine strength always. Open pod devices work on any nicotine strength and any e-juice mod. You don’t have to be bound to that respective brand only to customize your device.
- Operate every part separately: this type of pod device comes offering more significant space for maintenance. With every part and piece detachable and rearrangeable, you can easily clean and take care of your pod device.
- Maintenance headache: Unlike the disposable vape pods, you wouldn’t want to dispose of an open pod. So, you have to take care of your device many times, and that could be pretty annoying for you.
- Inconvenience: Refilling the tank and charging the device again and again can make you frustrated.
- Trouble while carrying: Normally, open pod devices are bulky, and they weigh more than the other vape products available in the market. So, it makes sense to call those not likely portables.
- Big size and shape: you may find it challenging to place the device anywhere in your house because of its large surface.
OPEN vs. DISPOSABLE POD SYSTEM- MEASURING THE COMPARISONS
Vaping industry is developing higher market revenue day by day, and that turns to be more products with new features incorporating demand relevant technology. What it actually means is that we are getting more options to choose from, but it is difficult at the same time because we need to pick one out of a hundred; we cannot try all of them and then choose one. And this goes the same for open pods and disposable pods as well. So, let’s compare the crucial factors between the products to sort one out of it.
WHICH COMES CHEAPER?
It is always a more sustainable option to replace a part of a PC than replacing the whole PC. Isn’t it? Frankly speaking, that goes exactly the same with these products also. It’s always going to cost less to simply refill a tank than to buy a new vape mod. Although disposable vape devices are available in bulk to purchase but in the end, the person who opts for the open pods will save more money.
Though initial spending on an open pod is always much higher than a disposable vape device (comes typically around $8-9 at MiO Vapor), considering overall cost in a month or a year, open pods will be much economical than the disposable ones and almost 85% more economical than consuming smoking. Like if you purchase a $50 open pod starter kit, it would hardly cost another $20 to refill your e-juice for the next two-three months. But, since closed pods are designed only to be disposed of, it may cost more dollars to purchase again and again.
WIN – Open Pod System
DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE
You just cannot do any favor of a particular domain as both the systems offer quality vaping experience. That’s because leading brands always come up with high standard vape devices, whether those are open or disposable. With thousands of options available online, you can pick any one of them and have the satisfaction you want.
In that case, you just need to find a brand that you feel can show you the moon and simply start exploring their items. We, here at MiO Vapor, are always ready to fill your buds with our high-performing disposable products, namely the MiO Stix and MiO Nano, which come with 27 different versions that we can bet you might haven’t tried those flavors ever.
WHO WINS REGARDING MAINTENANCE?
You can clearly see two different poles between these two vape pods in the context of maintenance. Although pods were designed to trim down users’ hassle to maintain the device, you might need to take care a bit more for any open pod item.
As an open pod item comes with a refillable tank and replaceable coils, you might want to customize working resistance integrated with the coil or to reload the tank. In that case, it would take away quite some calories from you. Open pods are made to make people stick with one item for a long time, and that’s why they provide detachable parts and pieces to make it easy for the user to care for it.
In the case of a disposable pod item, it is a lot different. You almost don’t have to put a single second for its maintenance. As it comes with an irreplaceable battery, coils, and e-juice tank while also being very cheap, you should just get rid of one after you are done with it.
So, both the systems ask for different aspects, and it entirely depends upon the user which one he or she would prefer the most.
Both the pod systems are for different reasons in the market. While Disposable vape devices are elementary to carry with, the open pods are not that effortless to carry. You have to take its e-juice bottle with you to reload the tank when needed. That might be a headache. With weighing as little as 0.05 lbs, the disposables are almost ultra-portable.
Many people don’t like to fill the tank with any other flavor because it produces a mixed vapor, and they miss the actual taste they want. Considering this point, it is a no-brainer to spend $10 rather than $50 to enjoy a single flavor.
But if you want to control the vapor production and strength of nicotine, you must use an open vape pod. To change the amount of flavor and nicotine, you need a refillable tank and a customizable coil resistance. Disposable vapes are not going to offer that.
WIN- Disposable Pod System.
IT’S UP TO YOU!
It is almost impossible to conclude any winner, and we want to leave the debate entirely up to you. While disposable pods are offering effortless vaping without any maintenance, open systems are offering you a customizable device. Vaping.com shows that, according to Euromonitor International research, open systems are more popular among the vapers. Since 2011 the gap between the shares of disposable pods and open pods increased although shares of both the products increased individually.
It’s no doubt that both the systems are a dominant contributor towards annual vape industry revenue, and now it is ultimately your choice to pick one. Everyone has a unique lifestyle, and the choice depends upon whether you are a regular vaper or an occasional vaper. Nonetheless, MiO Vapor is always there to offer you the most craved disposable vape products with the true essence of exclusive flavors that you will proudly call ‘Mine’ once you have a puff off it.
Interested? Just sign in and checkout for your favs here.